Do you mind taking the time to control your mind? Your mind is the tallest tree in the world. Once you climb it, you can see the future.
It is such a beautiful view from there. Take a moment today to visualize your tomorrow.
Daily reminder: If time is soup, the present moment is a spoon. Meaning, the more you live in the present, the tastier your future will be.
We all want to create a better future for ourselves, and most of us work hard to make sure that happens, preferably sooner rather than later.
But what do you do when hard work doesn’t seem enough to reach your goals and win the fight?
Well, you reassess your strategy. Most problems arise from within, so the best place to start looking for ”malfunctions” is the way you think.
The thoughts you have moulded your experience in life. It’s a positive thing because it means you can create the future you want.
So, it all starts in your mind. In this lesson, we’re going to discuss the mechanics of using your mind to change your life. I’m excited to share this information with you, so let’s get to it!
3 Simple Strategies
- Acknowledge the Power of Your Thoughts
- Discipline Your Mind to Create a Better Future
- Visualize Your Future
The only way to create a better future is to live in the present.
Acknowledge the changes you can make right now, and you’ll be well on your way to achieving your goals.
Now you know more about how your mind is your best ally in this journey.
If you need some more advice on putting the theory into practice, you can always get in touch with me.
1) Acknowledge the Power of Your Thoughts
The first step is to stop underestimating how much thoughts impact your life.
The thoughts you regularly experience form your reality through the power of intention. What do you have to lose if you start seeing your mind in a different light?
Contemplate the things you want in life and accept that the only way to turn them into reality is by getting your mind on board.
2) Discipline Your Mind to Create a Better Future
It’s hard to look forward and focus your energy on the future if your mind is in chaos.
Here are some things that create mind anarchy:
- Negative thinking. Imagine your mind as a white room. You open the windows, and choking, dark smoke starts pouring in. It’s hard to see in there, now, is it? That’s what negative thoughts do.
- Distractions. Everything from social media to the mail you get in your inbox can serve as distractions and clutter your mind. Distractions make it harder to separate the things that matter from the ones that don’t.
- Information overload. You reshape your thoughts by the information you receive daily. Pay attention to how much data your mind needs to process daily.
To create a better future, you need to re-train your brain to filter out anything that might impair your clarity and perspective on life.
3) Visualize Your Future
It’s not enough to daydream about how you want your life to be and magically expect things to happen.
Visualizing your future and fantasizing about your future are two entirely different things.
No one says you can’t dream big. However, if the future you try to imagine for yourself is entirely out of reach, you’ll end up feeling disappointed.
Visualization can help you bring things out of your mind and into your future. For instance, you could print pictures of your dream car or a place you want to visit, anything that depicts your goals.
I know it sounds old-school. Still, having a physical representation of your goals will help you stay motivated and focused on reaching them.