No one else has ever walked in your footsteps, or ever will.
Expose yourself to new experiences that expand your comfort zone. – This is how you discover your hidden talents!
- Watch documentaries and read biographies about people who overcome adversity. – They are your source of inspiration!
- Society often pressures us to follow a particular path. Don’t let other people’s narratives on how to live dictate yours. – Identify the distractions that drain your energy and get back on course!
- Nurture your passions, creativity and innate talents!
- Understand your why so you can live and work on your terms. Being in tune with WHY others do what they will help you inspire them to action. – Knowing WHY you do what you do is critical to your motivation!
- Comparisons set you up for feeling better or worse than someone else – Stop competing with others!
- Blaze your trail and believe you are as gifted as the Beatles, Madonna, Lady Gaga, or whoever you admire!
- You are a spiritual being having human experiences – Not the other way around!
- Examine your assumptions about what is possible and expose yourself to new experiences. – This is how you discover your hidden talents!
- Trust that serendipity will attract the right people and resources into your life!
- Prepare to make sacrifices. When the road to your dreams sucks, do you quit? – Of course not!
- Chances are, academia tried to teach you in a way that was not ideal for your learning. – Get over it and keep learning in new ways that bring out the best in you!
- True satisfaction comes from forging meaningful connections with like-minded and like-spirited people. – Share your ideas and collaborate with others from different cultures!
- A shift from tolerating to celebrating diversity and social inclusion. If you don’t believe in gay marriage, don’t marry a gay person — simple!
- Lose all sense of time. This is a clue that you have tapped into happiness. – Get lost often!
- Use the money to improve the quality of your life and the lives of those around you!
- Break the cycle of being miserable at work. – That means fewer distractions designed to meet a need not met through an un-fulfilled life or job!
- Forgive your boss if he/she acts like a ‘knob.’ – their kind soul is likely lost in corporate bullshit!
- You can have your cake and eat it too — Contrary to what your mother told you!
- Give yourself permission to live and work on your terms. This includes doing what matters to nurture your passions, creativity and innate talents.
This makes you a one of a kind person with a unique genetic makeup! – Dan Trepanier